"Poets are generally sad
They don't get this world
And this world doesn't get them
They love the world but don't get it
The world loves them but doesn't get them
Sometimes when they finally understand it they detest it
Other times when the world
finally understands them
it i too late
And so it is, that generally poets die sad"
delivered to the so-called radio station "Free Europe" 2 documents in
which he made comments with an inimical position about the actions
taken by the party leadership in the construction field of
Romania, which made the object of several radio broadcasts. He copied
quotes from various works by foreign authors containing references to
to fight against the establishment and he posted them at his work place,
with the aim to draw (people's) attention that the critical situation
during those times (meaning during fascist regimes) was similar to the
current realities of Romania...
He keeps a diary with the goal of publishing it in which, over the years, he made numerous comments that denigrate the realities of our country, the internal and external policy of the Romanian state...His writings also contain grave manifestations of slandering and defaming of the state and party leadership..."
Taking into consideration that URSU GHEORGHE EMIL has carried on an intense activity of hostile propaganda through direct actions or through the agency of reactionary propaganda dens (located) abroad.., a penal prosecution against him is going to be started, the continuation of the interrogations under arrest, and the indictment for the perpetration of infringements (of the law) stipulated in Art. 166 of the Penal Code...[propaganda against the socialist order, nn]. Due to the fact that the person in question maintains close relationships with some authors, who are within the radar of the Securitate agents because of their (own) hostile beliefs, it follows that during the interrogations the nature of those relationships with them be also clarified."
"[Ursu Gh.] told me that he was
being beaten by the investigator, a Securitate officer,
who was asking him to
divulge the names of his colleagues...After the beatings that
were administered to him by the investigators...his health condition
had become frail...he
said that the reason of his arrest was political; he said that because
it was not in the regime's interest that he be recorded as a political
prisoner, they arrested him for currency possession...he was investigated by
I understood that those who interrogated him were interested in the
issue of his diary and the relationships with his friends...
...he was beaten during the interrogation to make him say what the investigator wanted him to say...he was a political prisoner... Ursu told me that he was being beaten by the investigators for political motives...
...he had ties with Radio Free Europe and Voice of America...I understood from some colleagues that Ursu didn't admit during interrogation what they were interested in, and for this reason he was put in the same cell with those two detainees who were cell informers..because they had to extract information for the investigation..
..they had been introduced in the same cell [as Gheorghe Ursu] in order to extract from him what the investigators had not been able to...
...he had ties with the radio station Free Europe. Ursu Gheorghe was taken to interrogation and when he came back he was red in the face, and he was holding onto his abdomen...It was clear that he was in that state due to the interrogation he had been subjected to...I learned that Ursu Gheorghe Emil had been investigated by the Securitate and that they had not been able to extract from him what they were interested in.
Ursu Gheorghe Emil was brought back from the interrogation on a blanket".
...he beat Ursu Gheorghe in the cell to make him tell what ties he had with some people from abroad..
...Around 11 at night he was taken to interrogation..he was brought back with visible signs of violence... One could see blood stains. He was bleeding from the ear and nose. He said he was beaten by a ..Securitate Major.. that he was investigated for his diaries that he had kept..
He told me he was being hit during interrogation by the investigator. He told me that he had written some materials against the regime...He told me that the investigator was a Securitate officer. Marks of blows were visible after each interrogation...Following the blows received in the abdominal area he suffered from incontinence...
I noticed that Ursu Gheorghe after he was taken to
interrogation was coming back beaten up...due to his swollen palms
and in a later phase due to lesions in the head area...
He was saying
that the investigator was beating him.. Ursu Gheorghe came
back with a blow to his head, bleeding..
...these interrogations were so brutal because he did not want to collaborate with the Securitate agents regarding the existence or the sending materials of a propagandistic nature abroad. Especially after he was taken to interrogations I could see marks of beatings / kicks. I noticed that his face bore slap marks and several times there was blood on his shirt... Around November 15, 1985, following an interrogation the victim returned to the cell in critical state, vomiting and in serious pain in the abdominal area...
...About 2-3 days prior to be taken to the Jilava Penitentiary hospital, Mr Ursu was taken to interrogation in the morning, and brought back beaten in the evening, in a blanket, because he was no longer able to walk. Ursu was complaining particularly of abdominal pains.. It was certain he had been interrogated by his main investigator...who was a major.. by the name PIRVULESCU..."
Witness accounts from the prior investigations and trials of Gheorghe Ursu's assassins.
Hunger Strike for Justice: 21 octombrie - 6 noiembrie 2014Andrei Ursu thanks his friends who stood by him during his protest, as well as the supporters who signed his appeal to authorities. Without their help and the media reaction, this victory of the moment would not have been possible.
Images of the hunger strike. The appeal could be signed at change.org or here.
Pictures of Gheorghe Ursu and his family.
Refutation of a biased news article.
LATEST DEVELOPMENTS IN THE URSU CASE
- 12.11.2014 - ANOTHER STEP TOWARD JUSTICE FOR GHEORGHE URSU. The Bucharest Military Court of Appeals confirms Procurorului General order de redeschidere a proceselor penale in cazul tortionarului Pirvulescu, dar si in toate cauzele reunite sub numele generic "Procesul Comunismului".
- 11.11.2014 - The Gheorghe Ursu Foundation issues this press release.
- 06.11.2014 - After studying Attorney General Tiberiu Nitu's order with his lawyers, Andrei Ursu determines this document unequivocally requests the criminal prosecution of torturer PIRVULESCU, as well as that of other crimes during communist rule in Romania. The protest's goal was achieved, and more. Gheorghe Ursu's son ends his hunger strike.
- 05.11.2014 - VICTORY- at least for now. This is the letter received from the Attorney General's office, Attorney General's Order 2688/C/2014, and the press release Andrei Ursu, Gheorghe Ursu's family, and our Fundation issued.
- 04.11.2014 Andrei Ursu met prosecutor Daniel Dinu, member of Attorney General Tiberiu Nitu's team. Mr. Dinu has studied the file on Pirvulescu and all previous files (Stanica, Clita). He agreed the new evidence was never availabe to the other prosecutors and judges who handled Andrei Ursu's complaints from 2007 si 2011, so the evidence justifies the reopening of the criminal investigation of Pirvulescu Marin. Mr. Dinu had studied and agreed with court ruling nr. 49 from Bucharest Court of Appeals from 14 July 2003 regarding Stanica and Creanga, which ruled that in Gheorghe Ursu's killing were involved not only those indicted, but, in a decisive and systematic way, Securitate officers. As a matter of principle, Mr. Dinu agreed article 358 from the Romanial Old Penal Code (offences against humanity) apply to political crimes from the Communist dictatorship, as was the case of Visinescu and others. Mr. Dinu told us he's now writing his conclusions which he'll give to Mr. Nitu "today, or tomorrow at the latest".
- 11.03.2014 Justice Ministru Robert Cazanciuc tells Andrei Ursu prosecution team Attorney General Tiberiu Nitu studied the file, and Mr. Nitu expects Andrei on 11.04.2014 la ora 10 in his office to give him his conclusion and next steps.
- 30.10.2014 Andrei Ursu talks to Minister Robert Cazanciuc who tells him the newly formed file on torturer Pirvulescu was moved from the Military Prosecutor's Ofiice to the prosecutorial team of Attorney General Tiberiu Nitu, who until Monday November 3rd will give a resolution.
- 29.10.2014 Military Prosecutor Vasilache continues the obstruction of the criminal investigation of torturer Pirvulescu. After Mr. Cosneanu had declared his "hand were tied" due to "double jeopardy", ignoring the fact that Pirvulescu was never tried for his crime, and now all evidence is available. And yet mr. Vasilache rejected through this order our request for a new prosecutor to be designated.
- On 28.10.2014 at 8:30 Andrei met with Prosecutor General Tiberiu Nitu. Mister Nitu claimed he never saw my previous complaints against Mr. Vasilache, all of which had been "solved" by Mr. Vasilache himself. He claimed he didn't know the Ursu case too well, at one point claiming that he thought Ursu had never been investigated and tortured by Securitate in prison (!). He invoked dubious reasons for not "being able" to place PIRVULESCU under investigation, again invoking statute of limitations (which obviously doesn't apply for cases against humanity and murder). He also referred to a prior court decision, which was issued on a procedural basis for one of my prior complaints, ignoring that a procedural decision CLEARLY ACCORDING TO THE ROMANIAN LAW CANNOT PRECLUDE THE OPENING OF A PROSECUSION the grounds of NEW EVIDENCE. He did admit the new evidence is now available as a result of the files recently obtained by the prosecutors from the courts. Andrei Ursu learned later that Mr. Nitu finally accepted to look over that evidence, and is supposed to give his opinion in "a day or two at most".
- On 10/25/2014 Romania's Minister of Justice Robert Cazanciuc visited Andrei Ursu at GDS where the latter is on his 6th day of hunger strike. The Minister assured that he will use constitutional powers to ensure speedy recovery of, and prosecuting the Pirvulescu file (Gheorghe Ursu's murderer.) Given that after three days of the last meeting, and on the fifth day of hunger strike, Andrei Ursu has not yet received any response from the Office of Military Prosecutor on files that had to be obtained on 25/10/2014, Andrei Ursu sent a new request demanding speedier steps.
- On 10/23/2014 Andrei Ursu , who was on a hunger strike , sent a press release again featuring the recent evolution of the case.
- On 10/22/2014 Andrei Ursu is received by Deputy Attorney General Bogdan Licu and Chief Military Prosecutor Ion Vasilache who after a 3 hours long discussion agrees that the evidence related to the dis-joined case were not sent by SPM, and hence that that file had not been finalized. SPM chief said he will ask that the file be restored from the original documents placed in court files at the time the cases of Stanica /Creanga and Clita had been tried.
- On 10/21/2014 Andrei Ursu begins a hunger strike in protest to the hushing-up of the file created and dis-joined by prosecutor Dan Voinea on 12.03.2003. A press conference is held at the Gheorghe Ursu Foundation and the Group for Social Dialogue in Calea Victoriei 120 , Bucharest , starting at 13:00. At 16:30, Andrei Ursu is received by Minister of Justice Robert Cazanciuc .
- On 10/20/2014 the family of Gheorghe Ursu and the Gheorghe Ursu Foundation address a new letter to Prime Minister Ponta, Minister of Justice Cazanciuc, and Attorney General Nitu asking again for the identification or restoration of the dis-joined file, and to have it sent to the Court for the prosecution of the murderer PIRVULESCU. Several civic organizations, cultural personalities, as well as friends, and members of the public signed this appeal in solidarity with the cause of justice for Gheorghe Ursu. Supporters list remains open .
- On 10/16/2014 , Ms. Rica Vasiliu CREVELOS, chief inspector of the Judicial Inspectorate of CSM (Supreme Council of Magistrature) rejects all complaints of Gheorghe Ursu's family, in a manner that proves that she is also playing the game of the magistrates subservient to the former Securitate.
- The Chief Inspector gives a lame and loose cautioning to the previous abject sentence of Mr. Gunescu's. In another incredible response , ignoring all the evidence and without doing any research on site, Ms. CREVELOS accepts with docility the version of Mr. VASILACHE who had already hushed up the case.
- On 23.07.2014, the Cabinet of Minister Cazanciuc contacts Gheorghe Ursu's family offering an audience. Surprisingly, 2 days later on 25.07.2014 , same Cabinet communicates that the only day the minister could talk with Andrei Ursu would be Monday, July 28 , and it may only be by phone, as after that the minister was going on vacation for a month. On July 26 to 27, Andrei Ursu travels from the US to Bucharest and on Monday, July 28 he is waiting all day for the promised call or meeting, only to be told at 16:30 that the Minister does not have time for him! The next day, Andrei Ursu is received by Secretary of State Mr. Liviu Stancu, who knows however nothing about the Ursu case! Andrei Ursu submits an official complaint to the Minister of Justice (with 32 attachments containing evidence), about the dawdling and lack of resolution regarding the 2003 dis-joined file and asking for it to be located; that file had been left ignored at the Military Prosecution Department (SPM). This is the same file which, as section chief prosecutor VASILACHE Ion continues to claim, has purportedly been sent to other prosecutors' offices and judges, which is contradicted by written, unequivocal evidence (that can be viewed here)! Secretary of State Stancu promises that the Minister will request the relevant bodies and the Attorney General to adequately address and resolve the complaint through an impartial and thorough investigation, and that he personally will see to it that this is indeed accomplished.
- On 07.16.2014 , the family received this response to the last letter sent to Prime Minister Victor Ponta. It sends notification to CSM (The Supreme Council of Magistrature), asking it to inform the family about the resulting "analysis".
- On 15.07.2014 , the family received this response to the last notification addressed to Attorney General Nitu against the dithering of the 2003 dis-joined file by Prosecutor VASILACHE. Incomprehensibly, the response is signed by the same Mr. VASILACHE! He claims again, predictably, that the file dis-joined in 2003 had been sent to the Department of Criminal Investigation and Criminalistics ( SUPC ). It is at least strange that a complaint against Mr. VASILACHE is sent by the Attorney General “to be solved” to the same Mr. VASILACHE! He ignores the evidence attached to the complaint, and does not obviously conduct any investigation with other prosecutors and judges to see that the file dis-joined in 2003 - including the evidence against torturer and murderer PIRVULESCU - has actually never got to SUPC, nor to any other prosecutors' office or court!
- A NEW abjection of the Romanian justice: On October 16, 2013 , Judge Gabriel GUNESCU of the Bucharest Military Court decided, despite undeniable evidence and applicable laws, to not send to trial the main assassin of Gheorghe Ursu, known Securitate torturer PIRVULESCU Marin. The sentence that can be seen here is a memorable document, in pure Ceausescu's Securitate disinformation style. Colonel GUNESCU ignores the real facts and postulates other, false ones, in such an obvious way that there can be no doubt about the enslavement of the magistrate to the interests of the murderer whom he was supposed to judge, trying shamelessly several times to clear him. (See details PIRVULESCU file).
- It has been also recently noted that the file at the Military Prosecution Department (SPM), formed by the dis-junction of the 2003 - 8 / P / 2001 file (dossier Stanica and Creanga) -- in which the investigation case for murder (art. 175 CP ) against former Securitate, including PIRVULESCU Marin was to be continued –- has always been at SPM, in 'inactivity', its occultation systematically taking place for the last 11 years!
- In that disjunction, the then head of the SPM, General Dan VOINEA , emphasized the decisive role of security agents in the murder of Gheorghe Ursu: "The above (evidence) shows that after Gheorghe Ursu was taken into the custody of IGM (the regular civil police), the former security personnel continued 'to deal' with him. Evidence in this regard, besides the aforementioned, are witness statements of CV, IST, MGH, RV, CI, plut. Ion Munteanu, Colonel Mihail Creanga, Sgt . Palamariu Florinel, Clita Marian, and others. These witnesses said the reason for Ursu's investigation (and torture) by security officers was in fact his diary in which he had criticized the Ceausescu couple, and his relationships with friends from home and abroad who had anticommunist positions, as well as his managing to pass letters critical of the country's leadership to foreign radio stations (such as Free Europe and Voice of America). As a consequence (of these accusations) Gheorghe Emil Ursu, while in detention, was subjected to a harsh regime of annihilation, the convergent actions of militia and security forces leading to his physical elimination through torture and ultimate killing. Both the cause of his death and the real motive behind the investigation of Gheorghe Ursu have been constantly obstructed by the Securitate." (See documents and testimonies proving that the reason for his torture and murder were purely political)
- The above (evidence) shows that after Gheorghe Ursu was taken into the custody of IGM (n.n. regular civil police) the former security personnel continued 'to deal' with him. Evidence in this regard, besides the aforementioned, are witness statements of CV, IST, MGH, RV, CI, plut. Ion Munteanu, Colonel Mihail Creanga, Sgt . Palamariu Florinel, Clita Marian, and others. These witnesses said the reason for Ursu's investigation (and torture) by security officers was still his diary in which he had criticized the Ceausescu couple, and his relationships with friends from home and abroad who had anticommunist positions, as well as his managing to pass letters critical of the country's leadership to foreign radio stations (such as Free Europe and Voice of America). As a consequence (of these accusations) Gheorghe Emil Ursu, while in detention, was subjected to a harsh regime of annihilation, the convergent actions of militia and security forces leading to his physical elimination through torture and ultimate killing. Both the cause of his death and the real motive behind the investigation of Gheorghe Ursu have been constantly obstructed by the Securitate." (See documents and testimonies proving that the reason for his torture and murder were purely political) .
- From all this it follows that the evidence for sending PIRVULESCU to trial existed even then in the file 8 / P / 2001 and respectively in the one dis-joined in 2003, and that all there still was to be done was the hearing of those witnesses. Nevertheless, ever since then the file against the securitate agents, including PIRVULESCU Marin, has remained stagnant, inactive, never brought to trial. See here magistrates' correspondence and other documents that attest to the cover-up attempt by the Military Prosecution Department of that dis-joined file, which until today was not sent to court .
- On 07/01/2014 , Gheorghe Ursu 's family addressed a complaint to Attorney General Nitu pressing him to send the dis-joined file to court, and another complaint to CSM related to judge GUNESCU's mockery of a trial.
- On 2-3.07.2014, Gheorghe Ursu's family sends additional open letters to President Traian Basescu, Minister of Justice Robert Cazanciuc, and Prime Minister Victor Ponta.
- ProTV 12.11.2014 - After 17 days, Andrei Ursu Quits His Hunger Strike: Prosecutors Will Reopen the Dossiers of the "Trial of Communism"
- Realitatea.net 12.11.2014 - Military Court of Appeals Confirms the Reopening of the File on Dissident Gheorghe Ursu's death
- Gandul 12.11.2014 - The Reopening of Criminal Prosecution în the Files on Gheorghe Ursu's Death, confirmed by the Court
- Mediafax 12.11.2014 - The Reopening of Criminal Prosecution in Gheorghe Ursu's death, confirmed by the Court
- EpochTimes 12.11.2014 - Military Prosecutors Reopen the Dossiers of Communism's Crimes
- TVR 12.11.2014 - Attorney General Restarts Investigation of Dissident Gheorghe Ursu's Death
- Digi24 12.11.2014 - Military Prosecutors Reopen All Files on Communism's Crimes
- Observatorul Cultural 12.12.2014 - Interview with Andrei Ursu: My Father Couldn't Walk any Longer, Screamed in Pain
- DCNews 08.11.2014 - New York Times: Andrei Ursu Ends Hunger Strike, Romania Promises Investigation
- EpochTimes 08.11.2014 - Liiceanu: Gheorghe Ursu Was Killed Once More by Lackeys of the Former Securitate'
- Associated Press. The Big Story 07.11.2014 - Son of late Romanian dissident ends hunger strike - by Alison Mutler
Adevarul 07.11.2014 - Andrei Ursu, son of dissident Gheorghe Ursu, ends hunger strike. Dossiers of the „Trial of Communism”, reopened
- ProTV - 07.11.2014 - After 17 days, Andrei Ursu ends hunger strike. Prosecutors will reopen the files of the "Trial of Communism"
- Digi24 TV - 07.11.2014 Andrei Ursu: I interrupted the hunger strike because of the chance to reopen the „Trial of Communism”
- Contributors 07.11.2014 - The resuscitated trial of Communism: Dossiers unearthed after Andrei Ursu's hunger strike
- Observatorul Cultural 07.11.2014 - Andrei Ursu ends his hunger strike: files of his father's killing are reopened
- RealitateaTV 07.11.2014 - Son of dissident Gheorghe Ursu ends hunger strike
- Hotnews 07.11.2014 - Andrei Ursu ends hunger strike
- New York Times 06.11.2014 - Romania Hunger Strike Prompts Inquiry Into Dissident’s Death - by Rick Lyman and Kit Gillet
- TVR - 06.11.2014 Son of dissident Gheorghe Ursu ends hunger strike
- ProTV - 05.11.2014 Son of anticommunist dissident Gheorghe Ursu, killed by Securitate in 1985, has been on hunger strike for two weeks
- Observatorul Cultural 4.11.2014 Stand by Andrei Ursu! de Marius Oprea
- Digi24 2.11.2014 - Son of anticomunist dissident Gheorghe Ursu, in humber strike: „I was literally exasperated”
- Contributors 1.11.2014 - Andrei Ursu’s drama – the indifference of his contemporaries…
“How much does this election count, when in the immediate vicinity a tragedy is happening, and among us still live the Securitate officers and leaders who beat, tortured and ordered Gheorghe Ursu arrested and tortured with impunity and lack of remorse.”
- La Punkt 1.11.2014 - Memories of Gheorghe Ursu
"Babu Ursu has rebelled against the regime , and says out loud what he thinks You just need to hear how he insults Nicolae Ceausescu and his wife! We try to get him to keep his mouth shut , but he argues that as long as what he says is the truth that we all think, he will not be silent.”
- Contributors 1.11.2014 - I don’t know about others but…Andrei Ursu continues his hunger strike
“I do not know about others , but I would have expected an Institute paid from the state budget to investigate the crimes of communism ( IICCMER ) , to send experts to support , at any price , the sacrifice of Andrei Ursu . I do not know about others , but I do not think Sunday's elections should overshadow the tragedy that consumed the GDS headquarters in Victoriei 120. Conversely, should be decisively marked by this fight for honor and truth.”
- Contributors 30.10.2014 The seed is left to die: the closed doors of justice in the Gheorghe Ursu case
- TVR 30.10.2014 Andrei Ursu demands a new investigation in his fathter's death, anticomunist dissdent Gheorghe Ursu
- Romania Curata 30.10.2014 - 10 days of hunger strike and the file of torturer Pîrvulescu remains
blocked. Support Andrei Ursu !
"As of October 21, 2014 , Andrei Ursu is on hunger strike to stop the cover-up of the file to arraign the criminals of his father, dissident Gheorghe Ursu ( brutally killed in 1985 while imprisoned by the Securitate and Military in Calea Rahovei after being interrogated and beaten for two months)." "Surprisingly, there are copies of the evidence, which is on the site of the Gheorghe Ursu Foundation , and those samples show both the intention of the Securitate to suppress Gheorghe Ursu for " his intense hostile activity ' against the Ceausescu regime and the direct role of torturer Pîrvulescu in the torture and murder of the dissident."
- Adevarul 29.10.2014 - Open Letter to a slightly confused friend
At 30 years after his assassination in cellars security is, I think , outrageous for any man of common sense that , despite the existence of testimony and evidence needed , some of the murderers of the political police have not yet been held accountable.
As of October 21, 2014 , Andrei Ursu is on hunger strike to stop the cover-up of the file to arraign the criminals of his father, dissident Gheorghe Ursu ( brutally killed in 1985 while imprisoned by the Securitate and Military in Calea Rahovei after being interrogated and beaten for two months)." "Surprisingly, there are copies of the evidence, which is on the site of the Gheorghe Ursu Foundation , and those samples show both the intention of the Securitate to suppress Gheorghe Ursu for " his intense hostile activity ' against the Ceausescu regime and the direct role of torturer Pîrvulescu in the torture and murder of the dissident."
- Evenimentul zilei 29.10.2014 - Solidarity with Andrei Ursu: The assassins must receive their punishment
“Do not tell me it (the Gheorghe Ursu case)is a tangential issue unrelated to the elections . Not true : now we decide what kind of state Romania will be, one that is just or unjust, one of the law or lawlessness”
- www.contributors.ro 29.10.2014 - Andrei Ursu’s protest : a question for our own conscience
« Andrei Ursu’s father, Gheorghe Ursu, engineer and poet , was killed through beatings and torture by the Securitate for keeping a lucid diary about life in communist Romania . The killing occurred during the investigation led by former Major Security Pîrvulescu Marin . Andrei Ursu risks being killed not by beatings and torture, but by indifference.”
- Hotnews 29.10.2014 - “A Life dedicated to another’s life”
In the 25 years since the collapse of the communist regime, Gheorghe Ursu remains one of the most publicized cases of political murder that occurred under the Ceausescu regime. Resolving this case depends not only on the physical stamina of Andrei Ursu ( obviously weakened and consumed by the terrible fight with the Romanian legal system ) , but also Romania’s chance to demonstrate that the act of condemnation of the communist regime in 2006 will not be emptied of content by perpetuating sinister complicities between old members of the Securitate and the military magistrates of some theoretically democratic structures”.
- Evenimentul zilei 28.10.2014 - Andrei Vieru „Heroes or Martyrs“
“Not all those responsible for his murder were investigated or arrested . Twenty -five years after the fall of the Ceausescu regime , most of them still benefit from mysterious complicities . When I think, I realize that the facts and their crimes will not even be the subject to any restrictions ; considered more honorable than ever , they will never even be mandated for rehabilitation.”
- Certocratia 28.10.2014 - Dorin Tudoran about the Ursu case and the presidential candidates in
“The well-praised independent judiciary found the best time to wash the dirty guilt that cannot be washed - a pitiful rewriting history .
The same Justice finds no time to actually do justice , to the end, to the one so voluptuously killed by the Securitate.”
- Adevarul 26.10.2014 - « Alarm signal : Andrei Plesu about the son of the dissident Ursu : We
will provoke another death through our indifference. »
“Several members of the Ursu family were killed in Auschwitz . Gheorghe Ursu was killed in Communist Bucharest . will we provoke, by our callousness , another victim , this time in “free” Bucharest? Let me hope that the public interest in the careers of the 14 presidential candidates will also leave space for an equivalent interest in the life of a young man who is likely to die because we do not care about the injustice done to others and honor of justice "
- Contributors, 29.10.14 To Die for the Truth: The Gheorghe Ursu case and today's Romania
- Contributors, 29.10.14 Andrei
Ursu Appeal for the Prosecution of Securitate Major Marin Parvulescu
- Radio Europa Libera 26.10.2014 - Who and why still wants to silence the dossier of Gheorghe Ursu, killed by Romanian Securitate in 1985?
So, has a new official inquiry been started, or has the case been reopened
Andrei Ursu: "Let's hope that it is indeed a new inquiry. For the time being...This is what the minister requested. I cannot imagine how much was his idea accepted by the assistant gen. prosecutor, Bogdan Licu, who promised the same thing, that a new inquiry should be started, that he (Pirvulescu) should be held accountable, he should be indicted and prosecuted."
- HOTNEWS.RO 24.10.2014 - The Gheorghe Ursu case 30 years later (updated)
The Epoch Times 24.10.2014 - The Ursu Case: son of the dissident goes today on a hunger strike
Andrei Ursu, son of well known dissident Gheorghe Ursu killed under torture in the cellars of the communist Securitate, has given up searching for justice under Romanian law, going on a hunger strike to draw attention to the Ministry of Justice's total lack of willingness with regard to his father's torturer dossier.
Romanian Global News 23.10.2014 - Hunger strike for justice: Andrei Ursu fights for justice for his father, Gheorghe Ursu, killed in communist gaols
The Association "21 December 1989" expresses solidarity with Andrei Ursu's action who fights through his extreme gesture of a hunger strike for his father, Gheorghe Ursu, former political prisoner, assassinated in the Communist gaols. 25 years after the Revolution, justice has still not been done.
Lumea Justitiei 23.10.2014 - In the name of the father
Andrei Ursu the son of dissident Gheorghe Ursu accuses the Chief of the Military Courts section of PICCJ, Ion Vasilache, of delaying the case against the Securitate maj. Marin Pirvulescu, who lead the investigation of his father: "the dossier has been suppressed by Vasilache".
Adevarul 23.10.2014 - Andrei Ursu is asking for the examination of certain documents ignored by the magistrates from the dossiers of the torturers who killed his father.
According to PICCJ (the Prosecutor's Office attached to the High Court of Cassation and Justice) regarding Andrei Ursu's renewed requests, it was convened that, over the next days he be invited again, in view of consultation of the documents which need to be added to the dossier of the case. The son of dissident Gheorghe Ursu has been since Tuesday on a hunger strike as a protest to the fact that the dossier regarding the death of his father was not brought to court and the Securitate office who lead the investigation [of his father] was never indicted.
Adevarul 22.10.2014 - Ponta is asking Justice Minister to intervene in the former
dissident Gheorghe Ursu's dossier. Prime Minister Victor Ponta took into consideration on
Wednesday, the appeal of Andrei Ursu, son of anticommunist dissident Gheorghe
Ursu, and asked the Justice Ministry to use all the necessary legal means to
solve this case, says a press release of the Government conveyed to AGERPRESS.
Prime Minister Victor Ponta took into consideration on
Wednesday, the appeal of Andrei Ursu, son of anticommunist dissident Gheorghe
Ursu, and asked the Justice Ministry to use all the necessary legal means to
solve this case, says a press release of the Government conveyed to AGERPRESS.
"I want to give assurances that I asked the Justice
Ministry to take all legal steps necessary with regards to finding a resolution
of the communist dissident Gheorghe Ursu's file. We cannot influence the
activity and decisions of the Supreme Council of Magistrature because it would
be immixture not allowed by law, but at a personal level I wish that the truth
be brought to light in this case" Ponta emphasized
Evenimentul Zilei 22.10.2014 - Hunger strike in the name of the father killed by Securitate"I will not stop my hunger strike until I receive a written response from the Justice Ministry regarding this case. All I am asking is that the file be sent to court, and judges will decide. I don't want to be postponed any longer. The investigation against Pirvulesc ended in 2003, but the file was never sent to trial."
Mediafax 22.10.2014 - Minister of Justice met Andrei Ursu, son of murdered dissident Gheorghe Ursu
The son of dissident Gheorghe Ursu entered a hunger strike on Tuesday, to protest the fact that the dossier regarding his father's death it has not been reopened, and the Securitate officer who coordinated his investigation has still not been brought to trial; he stated that he tried several times to speak with Justice Minister Cazanciuc but the latter did not receive him, however at [long last] accepted to talk with him ONLY after he declared his hunger strike.
B1 TV 22.10.2014 - Andrei Ursu, son of dissdent Gheorghe Ursu, went on huger strike
The hero's son has taken this decision because, he maintains, the dossier of his father's assassination has been hushed up by the authorities.
Romania TV 21.10.2014 - Extreme protest. Son of dissident Gheorghe Ursu is going on a HUNGER STRIKEAndrei Ursu, son of dissident Gheorghe Ursu, killed at Jilava [prison] in 1985, has gone on a hunger strike with no time limit, says Romania TV. Andrei Ursu has resorted to this method of protest after seeing that the number one suspect, ex Securitate maj. Marin Pirvulescu has been until now evading justice unscathed.
Romania Libera 21.10.2014 - Son of dissident Gheorghe Ursu went on hunger strikeFor over 24 years now I have been waiting for the resolution of this case, symbolic for the brutality of the Ceausescu's regime, by the post-revolution institutions. Since I have exhausted all other options by which I had asked the authorities to stop protecting Securitate officers: [official] complaints to the General Prosecutor, to CSM [The Superior Council of Magistrature], and the Ministry of Justice, as well as open letters in the media to Prime Minister [Ponta] and the presidential office, I am starting a hunger strike, on Tuesday Oct. 21st, 2014, at 9.00AM" announced Andrei Ursu in a press conference.
Europa FM 21.10.2014 - The son of anti-communist dissident Gheorghe Ursu is going on a hunger strike
Through his extreme gesture, Andrei Ursu wishes to bring the subject of his father's killing back into the political debate, being disappointed by previous [wrong] decisions by courts and prosecutors.
Gandul 21.10.2014 - Son of dissident Gheorghe Ursu is going on a hunger strike
[Andrei] is asking the General Prosecutor's Office and the Ministry of Justice to undertake the necessary steps in order to open the penal file against ex-Securitate maj. Marin Pirvulescu, who lead the investigation during which [Gheorghe] Ursu died in police custody, due to repeated violent beating.Andrei Ursu says that the dossier containing tens of witness testimonies about Security officer Marin Pirvulescu's role in the investigation/interrogation and torture of his father, is not to be found! The son of [engineer] Mr. Usru is asking the reopening of the inquiry. A quarter of a century after the revolution, no officer of the ex-Securitate has answered in a court of law for Gheorghe Ursu's death.
See more at: http://stiri.tvr.ro/fiul-disidentului-anticomunist-gheorghe-ursu-intra-in-greva-foamei_51623.html#sthash.OtWL9AlN.dpuf
Revista 22 - 21.10.2014 - Son of dissident Gheorghe Ursu is going on a hunger strike - you can sign here his petition -..if it is not found [the dossier regarding Pirvulescu], we are asking that it be reconstituted. Copies of the evidence can be found on Gheorghe Ursu Foundation website (http://gh-ursu.ong.ro/cazul_pirvulescuMarturii.html, http://gh-ursu.ong.ro/cazul_pirvulescuDocumenteDUI.html). The evidence shows both the intention of the Securitate to eliminate Gheorghe Ursu for "his intense hostile activity" against Ceausescu's regime, and the direct role played by torturer PIRVULESCU in the dissident's violent treatment/torture and death.
Antena 3 21.10.2014 - Extreme protest: Son of dissident Ursu, on hunger strik
The son of anticommunist dissident Gheorghe Ursu goes on hunger strike and requests that the Military Tribunal and the Ministry of Justice question the securist who investigated his father
Epoch Times Video 21.10.2014 - Video of Press conference held on occasion of Andrei Ursu's going on a hunger strike. See above entry of 24.10.2014
- Revista 22 - 8.7.2014 - "Gheorghe Ursu"
- Ring 7.7.2014 - "Scrisoare incediara primului ministru Ponta: O RUSINE A JUSTITIEI ROMANE"
- B1TV 6.7.2014 - "O sentinta cat o noua crima. Motivare socanta a TMT Bucuresti" - 01:02:05
- Ring 4.7.2014 - "...Judecătorul militar Gunescu DISCULPĂ ÎNTREAGA SECURITATE!"
- TVR1 3.7.2014 - Telejurnal
- Adevarul 3.7.2014 - "Cum a facut praf un judecator militar memoria disidentului Gheorghe Ursu"
- Revista 22 3.7.2014 - "Motivarea judecatorului care a decis ca tortionarul disidentului Gheorghe Ursu sa nu fie anchetat"
- Epoch Times Romania 3.7.2014 - "Judecatorul Gunescu isi justifica refuzul de a autoriza anchetarea tortionarului disidentului Gheorghe Ursu"
- Gandul 3.7.2014 - "Motivare incredibila a judecatorului Gunescu"
- Mediafax 3.7.2014 - "Motivare Tribunalul Militar: Ursu a fost... un 'privilegiat' al regimului"
- Gandul 3.7.2014 - "O sentinta cat o noua crima"
- Catavencii 2.7.2014 - "Un om care a murit pentru ideea de libertate"
- TVR 23.11.2013 - Emisiunea "Memorialul durerii": Un anchetator care n-a bătut, n-a anchetat... Episod consacrat principalului torționar al dizidentului politic Gheorghe Ursu
- TVR 29.10.2013 - Emisiunea "Intre bine si rau": "Tortionarii"
- Digi24 TV 16.10.2013 - "Dosarul disidentului Gheorghe Ursu rămâne închis"
- Deutche Welle si Nasul TV 10.8.2013 - "Statul de drept si cazul Babu Ursu la 30 de ani"
The mission of the Foundation is to preserve the memory of Gheorghe Ursu, the Romanian engineer and poet murdered under torture on November 17th, 1985, by Ceausescu's Security police ("Securitate"). He was killed for his anti-totalitarian thoughts and attitude, thus becoming a symbol of that regime's victims.
The Foundation will press for a just resolution to the "Ursu Case", for an investigation aimed at bringing the truth to light, leading to the punishment of the assassins and of those who ordered the murder. The Foundation will create an endowment for the fields of arts and letters, translated into awards and grants. These awards will serve to sustain the spirit of freedom and tolerance, in the same generous, multivalent and free spirit of the poet, as well as to keep alive the awareness of the totalitarian oppression during the past decades in Romania.
The Foundation will morally and materially support programs and efforts that denounce the policy of force, the extremist ideology of both the left and the right, the official corruption, the nationalist and chauvinist demagogy, the falsification of history, the cover-up of the crimes of Ceausescu's regime, and the perpetuation of the old Securitate influence within the new power structure.
We consider - again in the spirit of Gheorghe Ursu, the man who had an existence that was materially modest but very rich spiritually - that a name associated with an idea constitutes a moral force, which cannot be ignored.